I guess a person should be motivated for their first day at the gym, but when the alarm went off at 7:30am I said out loud "Is this supposed to be fun?" What was I thinking? Why would anyone want to get up to an alarm on their day off? I hit the snooze button, but my damn cat thought it would be fun to lick my arm and meow in my ear until the alarm went off again. So much for that extra 10 minutes of sleep I wanted to get.
I rolled out of bed and started out with a healthy breakfast. I even counted out a serving of frosted mini wheats and measured the milk. A serving size is 24 biscuits(damn biscuits and gravy sound good so good right now) that is not a lot of cereal! 1/2 cup of milk to cover them, are you serious? Thank goodness for the frosted part, because otherwise I would think I was eating cardboard. I saw an article on yahoo yesterday that bananas were the best diet food, so I sliced one up and put it in the cereal! That should help hide the corrugated fiber taste! I added a carbmaster yogurt(thanks Kroger)and ate my breakfast while browsing Facebook.
We all know how Facebook turns us into procrastinators, well low and behold I look up and its 8:30 am. I am supposed to meet my new trainee today at 11 and I still have a million things to do. Hmmmm maybe a good excuse to skip the gym??? No no don't do it, I can't stand to hear the scale screech like it did this morning. I am honestly surprised my neighbors(who I have only seen 3 times in 2 years) did not call the cops when the scale screamed bloody murder after I stepped on it! :-)
So I put my dishes in the sink grabbed my keys and headed for the gym. My goal was to do 90 minutes on the treadmill today at an incline of 2, but since Facebook obviously distracted me I was only able to do 60 min. I figured 8:30 am that the gym would not be that crowded since mostly students lived in our complex, but I was wrong. I walk in and there are 3 college age men lifting weights, and arguing about the best way to lift weights. I get on the treadmill and start my 60 minutes.
60 min is a long time for your first day at the gym, but back in August I had exercised almost everyday until October, then blamed all the holidays or used them as excuses to stop working out. So I guess I thought I would still be in somewhat ok shape. I start the treadmill and open my Kindle to start reading. These 3 college boys are still arguing about the proper way to lift weights, maybe they should not be lifting them if they think they are wrong!! Seriously guys shut the heck up...I am trying to exercise here! They finally leave and I realized 20 minutes of walking had passed and I had read 3 chapters in my book. Wow this exercising thing is not so bad, I can do this. I decided to do a slow 10 minute jog, I did the first 3 minutes and thought I was going to kill over, but I was not going to give up. I jogged for 10 whole minutes without stopping(of course a grandparent probably could pass me walking) but hey I did it. That is a big accomplishment!! I did 60 minutes and walked/jogged 3.5 miles, not to shabby! Let's see what tomorrow has in store...maybe I can jog 12 minutes without stopping!
Exercise... the poor person's plastic surgery!
I love your new blog!! I am trying to find motivation to do better again too. I hate how I can be so motivated then get distracted so easily and gain back everything I lost. It is so hard to lose, keep up the great work!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!! That will keep you busy while Ian is away :-) PS - I am reading this in bed instead of exercising :-p
ReplyDeletetry some interval training it gets you in shape so much faster :)
ReplyDelete